The Lisle Community once again engaged in the Vision 202 conversation at Session 3 held on Wednesday, March 25th. The topic of the evening was “The Financial Landscape of Lisle CUSD 202″ with a focus on “How does the school district manage its financial resources?”
Key “Take-Aways” were:
- Current Property Tax Rate is low compared to the State averages and neighboring school districts
- Participating in cooperatives with other school districts helps to decrease costs for goods and services
- The school district partners with other governmental entities to share services
- Lisle 202 is proud to have operated on a balanced budget earning the highest financial health designation from the Illinois State Board of Education for the past 11 years
- Lisle 202 maintains healthy fund balances and outstanding debt will be fully paid off in 2019
- Future facilities improvements are necessary and may be addressed without increasing property taxes
It was another night of great dialogue and ideas, but there’s still more to talk about!
Session 3: March 25th ∼Complete!∼
Topic: The Financial Landscape of Lisle CUSD 202
Focus: How does the school district use its financial resources?