Community Engagement Session 2
The Lisle community continued to show its support for Lisle CUSD 202 and the Vision 202 project when over 100 parents, non-parents, community members, and district staff members attended the second Vision 202 community engagement session.
Vision 202’s second community engagement session focused on Student Achievement and Programs of Study. Covering a range of topics related to Student Achievement, six Lisle CUSD 202 administrators presided as keynote speakers. Topics covered in the presentation addressed the guiding questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn?
- How will we know they are learning?
- How will we respond when they don’t learn?
- How will we respond if they already know it?
Following the introductory presentation, participants were asked to collaborate in small groups to complete three important tasks:
1) Opportunities for Improving Student Achievement – participants prioritized possible initiatives that could be implemented to positively impact student achievement;
2) Input and Suggestions for Supporting Our Students – small groups discussed ways in which Lisle CUSD 202 can support ALL students and work toward closing the achievement gap;
3) Planning for the Future – participants reflected on current curriculum and programs offered for Lisle students and discussed what they would like the district to explore in the next 3-5 years.
During this work time, district residents had the unique opportunity to discuss ideas and ask questions that will be used to inform the presentation to the School Board in early summer.
We had more great conversation, but there’s still more to talk about!
Session Two: February 17, 2015 ∼Complete!∼
Topic: Student Achievement and Programs of Study
Focus: What do students need to be successful?
View the Session Two presentation below or click on this link: CES-2 Presentation.
♦ View a short video explaining Common Core State Standards here.
Small Group Verbatim Responses & Executive Summary
Please click on the links below to view the exact responses from the small groups for the three work tasks during Session 2.